I am heading the joint Inria/ICM Aramis Lab with O. Colliot at the Brain and Spine Institute (ICM) located within the Pitié-Salpêtrière hospital in Paris. I am also the coordinator of the ICM Center of Neuroinformatics, and scientific director of the ICM platform of biostatistics and bioinformatics.
My team focuses on the development of new statistical and computational approaches for the analysis of image data and image-derived geometric data such a surface meshes. We have contributed to the definition of statistical analysis methods for spatiotemporal measurements in longitudinal studies, where sets of geometric objects (or structured data) are observed at multiple points in time.
Our research is essentially motivated by, and applied to the study of the structure and function of the human brain. It makes accessible the wealth and complexity of information contained in multiple modalities of medical images via virtual representations of the brain, and allows the tracking of these representations during ageing or disease progression.
I received the Young Investigator Award from the conference MICCAI in 2008 and the second Gilles Kahn Award for best dissertation in computer science in 2010. In 2015, I was awarded an ERC Starting Grant from the European Research Council.
I am associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging.
- Apr 11:Proud of our research also featured in this article of the magazine Usine Nouvelle. Today is world Parkinson's Disease Day!
- Apr 11:Happy to have our research on Parkinson's Disease featured in this article of the French magazine Sciences et Avenir Today is world Parkinson's Disease Day!
- Apr 9:We are happy to welcome Paul Bertin as new PhD student working in collaboration between Aramis and Nicolas Renier's team at the ICM!
- Mar 26:Igor Koval has his paper "Spatiotemporal propagation of the cortical atrophy during the course of Alzheimer’s Disease : Population and individual patterns" accepted for publication in Frontiers in Neurology, Section Neurodegeneration. Congratulations!
- Mar 23:I am happy to announce that our paper entitled "Revolution of Alzheimer Precision Neurology - Passageway of Systems Biology and Neurophysiology" has been accepted in Journal of Alzheimer's Disease!'
- Feb 19:Congratulations to Alexandre Bône for his paper accepted at CVPR this year!
- Feb 13:Congratulations to Barbara Gris who has her paper "A sub-Riemannian modular framework for diffeomorphism based analysis of shape ensembles" accepted in SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences! -->
- Paul Bertin (since 2018), co-supervised with N. Renier
- Thomas Lartigue (since 2017), co-supervised with S. Allassonnière
- Raphael Couronné (since 2017)
- Maxime Louis (since 2016)
- Manon Ansart (since 2016), co-supervised with D. Dormont
- Igor Koval (since 2016), co-supervised with S. Allassonnière
- Alexandre Bône (since 2016), co-supervised with O. Colliot
- Junhao Wen (since 2015), co-supervised with O. Colliot
- Lou Albessard (since 2015), co-supervised with D. Grimaud-Hervé
Engineers and Scientists
- Simona Bottani (since 2017), software engineer
- Arnaud Marcoux (since 2017), imaging engineer
- Sabrina Fontanella (since 2016), software developer
- Michael Bacci (since 2016), software developer
- Jean-Baptiste Schiratti, PhD student (2013-2017), left for a joint postdoc position between A. Gramfort's lab at Telecom ParisTech and the start-up Bioserenity.
- Barbara Gris, PhD student (2013-2016), left for a postdoc position in the mathematical department of KTH Stockholm with O. Oktem.
- Pietro Gori, PhD student (2012 - 2016), left for a postdoc position at Neurospin in J.F. Mangin's lab.
- Ana Beatriz Graciano Fouquier, postdoc (2013 - 2016), left for a R&D engineer position in the start-up Cardiawave.
- Susovan Pal, postdoc (2014 - 2015), left for S. Joshi lab at UCLA
- François Touvet, engineer (2013 - 2015), left for the 3D animation studio Ellipsanime
- Alexandre Routier, engineer (2012 - 2015), left for a PhD at the Salpêtrière hospital
- Editor of 4 archived conference proceedings (2 in the Springer LNCS series)
- Author of more than 45 peer-reviewed publications (2/3 as first or last author), among which
- journal articles in the highest ranked journals in the fields of neuroimaging (Neuroimage), image analysis (Medical Image Analysis, IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, SIAM J. Imaging Sciences) and computer vision (International J. of Computer Vision)
- articles in the most selective conferences in medical image analysis (Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI) and Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI), among which 8 oral presentations with a selection rate below 5%) and statistical learning (Neural Information Processing System (NIPS))
Deformetrica is a collaborative project which provides cutting-edge statistical tools to analyze image and image-derived data with deformations. Input data may be images, curve- or surface- meshes in 2D or 3D. It can be used for:
- Registration, namely the superimposition of images or geometric primitives by the computation of an optimal deformation
- Atlas Construction, namely the estimation of an geometrical model from a series of example data, and summary of the variability in shape of this model across the samples
For more details, visit www.deformetrica.org
Developed within the European project Health-e-Child, the software ExoShape is a set of Matlab functions and Mex-files to perform statistical analysis of sets of curve and surface meshes. Its development was stopped in 2010, as the more ambitious Deformetrica project took over.
If you wish to support our research, you are welcome to donate to the Brain and Spine Institute (ICM), specifying that your donation is for supporting the research activities of the ARAMIS lab. Contact me for details.
If your company is looking for strong academic partnerships with a leading team in the field of geometric data analysis, feel free to contact me.
If you are a brilliant master student or just graduated PhD (Congrats!) with a background in Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science, feel free to send me an Contact me (explaining me in 5 lines what you feel interesting in our research). Available positions include postdocs, PhD candidates and software engineers. Current open position are advertised here.